Crochet Baby Booties



Yarn 100% Cotton 4-ply Fingering Yarn
Size 0~3 months


There are many baby booties patterns out there but I wanted to make a pair of Mickey & Minnie's for my friend whose expecting twins soon. If you are not aware, it's the Year of the Rat in Chinese zodiac; I'm pretty sure there will be tons of Mickey & Minnie products soon...

What I didn't expect was the sudden influx of orders and inquiries on baby commissions! 


I made the first two pairs with cotton yarn I have on hand and pattern from Hopeful Honey. 

The pattern calls for different sized yarn and hook (DK & 3.5mm), I kept to the hook size in the pattern to attain the length of the sole.


As my preferred cotton yarn is 4-ply, the end results were a little too hole-y and flimsy to my liking.


But they are still cute though!

On my subsequent pairs, I decided to tweak the pattern so I could use a 2.5mm hook which works better with my yarn.



I think they turned out better and now I have a pattern I can use universally for all baby booties designs. ðŸ˜Š






RAVELRY

INSTAGRAM