Monkey Fist Knot

In my recent bid of creating "yarn-only" bags, a challenge was to ensure the closure is also made of yarn. So that the whole product is washing machine safe.

There was a time when my mum was into Chinese knots, I learnt a few basics too then, and I know there would be something I can make for a simple bag closure.

Here I demonstrate: the Monkey Fist Knot.


It is easy to attach to projects, just sew in with the end tail. And just make a loop or chain loop on the flap or other side of the bag, like I did for the messenger bag and mini tote.

I hope you find it easy to follow and useful for your projects. Please like & share my video, and don't forget to subscribe to my channel. I really enjoy making the videos and sharing on there. Please let me know what I can improve on. Thank you! 😊