Crochet Singapore Flag


It will soon be Singapore's 53rd birthday, and a chance to struck another off my crochet bucket list.
I couldn't find any patterns online, so I thought to look for patterns for moon and stars appliques instead. And work up a piece using Tunisian crochet based on the size of the appliques. I really had a great time doing this. Tunisian crocheting is exceptionally therapeutic.


Abbreviation
CH Chain
SC Single Crochet
HDC Half Double Crochet
DC Double Crochet
SLST Slip Stitch
* A * × B Repeat “A” for a number of B times


Moon Crescent
1CH 12
In 2nd CH from hook, 1 SC in next 2 CHs
2 DC in next 7 CHs (14)
SC in last 2 CHs
2Turn, skip the first stitch
*SC in next 2, 2 SC in next* till end
SLST in last stitch


Star
110 SC in Magic Ring
SLST to first SC
2CH 4, SLST to 3rd CH from hook
HDC in last CH
Skip 1 stitch, SLST to next.
3Repeat step #2 4 more times

I also made a crochet-along kinda video.


It was much smaller than actual ratio. I'm still pretty proud of this piece. 😊
As proud as I am a Singaporean.

Happy Birthday Singapore!